The DUAL INGECON SUN STORAGE Power inverter is a three-phase bidirectional battery converter with two power blocks, that can be used in both, grid-connected or stand-alone systems. It features string inverter philosophy applied in its design, as its power phases can be easily replaced. It complies with the UL1741 and UL9540 standards for North America.
This battery inverter features a highly advanced battery control technology, ensuring the maximum life of the storage system. The battery temperature could be controlled at all times guaranteeing an enhanced lifespan of the accumulator.
- On-Demand Production. It controls the PV plant's output power, limiting it to a desired value.
- Energy Time Shifting. The inclusion of an ESS makes it possible to inject during the night some of the solar energy produced during the day.
- Ramp Rate Control. In order to adapt the plant's power output rate to an established setpoint, the battery inverter will minimise the impact of any power variation by absorbing the energy surpluses or by injecting energy into the grid when the PV resource is not enough.
- Peak-shaving. The energy stored in the batteries could be used to reduce the peaks of power consumption, for those installations with loads coupled to the system.
- Fast frequency Regulation. In the event of an underfrequency, an additional power injection is needed. The battery inverter will provide this extra power for a certain period of time.
- Active Power Reserve. Some of the energy stored can be saved in order to feed it to the grid during short periods of time when it is needed.
- Digital Q Compensation. The battery inverter can control the reactive power output and it can inject reactive power into the grid also during the night.
- Power Factor Control. Regulation of the power factor at the connection point.
- Voltage Droop Control. According to an established Droop gain, the system selects the necessary reactive power at the point of connection, depending on the existing voltage difference.
- Automatic Voltage Regulation. The power plant's voltage can be regulated at the point of connection through a control system applied to the voltage closed loop.
- Power Oscilations Damping. In those places where the grid is divided in different interconnected zones, the power plant can suffer from low-frequency active power and frequency oscilations. B Series battery inverters in comination with Ingeteam's plant controller allow to implement a control strategy to minimize these oscilations.