As part of the Ingecon family of equipment, the Ingecon Hydro SmartTS solution enables the effective control and protection of hydropower plants of up to 1 MW.
The Ingecon Hydro SmartTS features all the functionalities required for the control and protection of a hydropower plant.
- Start-up and shut-down sequences.
- Grid synchronization.
- Turbine governor.
- Automatic voltage regulator.
- Electrical protection relays.
- Human-Machine interface.
The Ingecon Hydro SmartTS comprises two independent yet interconnected systems: the control system and the power generation system.
Control and Protection System:
- Comprising a high performance digital PLC.
- Optional generator excitation stage for asynchronous generators.
- Possibility of installing, as an optional extra, a latest generation electrical protection relay on the cabinet front.
- Possibility of communications via Ethernet TCP-IP (Modbus TCP IEC 61850,…) and serial communications (RS232, RS485,…)
This is physically separated from the control system, to ensure that any faults in this stage do not affect the control electronics. This compartment houses the power generation voltage equipment.