The INGESYSTM IC2 control system is adding a new module to its range of communication interfaces, which permits its integration as a PROFINET RT network slave node.
A PROFINET RT network is based on ETHERNET and allows the exchange of data between devices with times below 10ms.
It allows two types of communication:
- I/O data communication: Cyclical communications for real-time data exchange. The various slaves are assigned to a master node which in turn specifies the refresh time of the slaves.
- Communication by messages: Acyclical communications between the master and the slave node which do not require real time, for loading parameters and diagnostics information.
In the INGESYSTM IC2 controller processor unit, the PROFINET communications module occupies a position in the INGESYSTM IC2 I/O expansion modules.
The main features of the new module are as follows:
- PROFINET RT slave
- 2 RJ or M12 ports
- 100m between 2 stations
- 100Mbit/s transfer speed
- GSDML file with the description of the equipment for integration into the bus´s master nodes.
- Data transfer, network status and module status LEDs.
- Conformance Class CC B
- Temperature range of -40 to +70ºC
- Height 2000m
- Humidity up to 95% without condensation
- Standards: CE, EN50155, EN45545-2
Ricardo Galdiz Valdovinos | Automation Devices Director