Ingeteam was selected as the electrical system integrator for the new project of CSBC-DEME Wind Engineering (CDWE) of the very first floating heavy lift and installation vessel named “Green Jade” to be built in Taiwan for deployment for both the Hai Long and Zhong Neng offshore wind farm projects. She is set to be delivered in 2022.
The name “Green Jade” symbolises Taiwan’s renowned Yushan, the Jade Mountain. At a dizzying height of 3,952 m above sea level, Jade Mountain is the highest peak in East Asia and gives Taiwan one of the highest elevations of any island in the world. Additionally, the name ‘Green Jade’ reflects this trail-blazing vessel’s contribution to reducing emissions, and its role in bringing clean, green energy to Taiwan’s residents. By choosing such an auspicious name, CDWE wants to highlight the ambitions to develop the offshore wind industry and to successfully ‘scale the summit’ together.
This exceptional vessel highlights CDWE’s ambitions to further support development of the offshore wind industry in Taiwan and the wider Asia Pacific region. Green Jade will feature a high-tech, 4000-tonne capacity crane and DP3 capability. The vessel’s deck space has been maximised, enabling this unique asset to transport a multitude of the heaviest monopiles, jackets, wind turbine components and structures in a single shipment. With this exceptional combination of high load and lifting capacity, ‘Green Jade’ can transport and install the next generation of foundations and giant multi-megawatt wind turbines in the most cost-effective way. At 216.5 metres long, ‘Green Jade’ can comfortably accommodate a crew of up to 160 people.
INGETEAM will coordinate and assure the correct design and integration of all electrical systems during the full project, from the early stages of the basic engineering to the detailed electrical engineering, including cabling commissioning and sea trials.
The highlights of our scope of supply for electrical power system are:
• 4 x INDAR Generators 11450kVA, 11000V, 600rpm
• 2 x 11000V Main switchboard
• 1 x INGESHIP PMS (Power management system) including Advanced Generator Protection System
• 4 x Main propulsion frequency converters, INGEDRIVE LV400
• 4 x INDAR Main propulsion motors, 4500kW
• 2 x Retractable thruster frequency converters, INGEDRIVE LV400
• 2 x INDAR Retractable thruster motors, 4200kW
• 2 x Bow thruster frequency converters, INGEDRIVE LV400
• 2 x INDAR Bow thruster motors, 2500kW
• Transformers for Distribution, Main Propulsion, retractable thruster, bow thruster and crane systems
• Auxiliary switchboards 690V, 440V and 230V
INGESHIP AMS - Integrated Alarm and Monitoring System
•PLC´s Network and HMI
•INGESHIP-IAS , Integrated Alarm & Monitoring System (over 11 000 I/Os)
•INGESHIP- RAS, Remote Access Service
Ingeteam is proud to be part of this historical project for the Taiwanese offshore wind industry and we would like to express our gratitude to CSBC Corporation and CDWE for the trust in our experience in electrical systems integration.