30. 01. 2020
Ingeteam´s presence is remarkably growing in China after successfully signing the contract with COSCO (NANTONG) Shipyard, comprising the engineering, production, and commissioning of the electrical power system as well as the Integrated Automation System for 3,000T Offshore Jack-Up Installation Vessel "Voltaire", owned by Jan De Nul Group.
The partnership between COSCO Group, Jan De Nul Group and Ingeteam is continuously strengthening, marking the contract for the Voltaire as the second order with COSCO Group after the contract signed in 2018 for the 18,000m3 Trailing Suction Hopper Dredger Galileo Galilei, which is currently under construction at COSCO (Dalian) Shipyard.
The new offshore jack-up installation vessel, with a lifting capacity of over 3,000T and standing taller than the Eiffel tower, is the largest of its kind in the world. The Voltaire has over 7,000m3 cargo deck space, 14,000T payload and more than 3,000T lifting capacity, enabling swift and safe installation of the heaviest foundations and largest wind turbines. The vessel is 181m long and is equipped with legs to lift itself above the sea level for stable working without impact of the waves.
The Voltaire will enter into service in 2022 and it has already inked her first job for the world´s largest wind farm, Dogger Bank Wind Farms, transporting and installing the world´s largest offshore wind turbines at 130km from the Yorkshire coast. Once completed, Dogger Bank will generate enough energy to power over 4.5 million homes every year – around 5% of the UK’s electricity needs.
Not only will this vessel be ready for the future of offshore renewables, the Voltaire will also be deployable for the oil and gas industry, and for decommissioning of offshore structures.
“We look forward to working with Ingeteam Power Technology during the construction of this groundbreaking vessel. Our experience with Ingeteam Power Technology during previous projects and their expertise in complex electrical systems for DP offshore installation vessels reinforce our confidence in an successful execution of the project,” says Tom Maes, director of Electrical Installations department at Jan De Nul Group
Highlights of Ingeteam´ s scope of work for Main Electrical System are:
• 4x 4.200 kVA INDAR Main Generators..
• 4x 3.125 kVA INDAR Main Generators.
• 4x 6.6 kV Main Switchboard.
• 4x 1.400 kVA Distribution Transformers.
• 4x 3.500 kVA Main Propulsion Transformers.
• 2x 3.000 kVA Retractable Thruster Transformers.
• 2x 3.000 kVA Bow Thruster Transformers.
• 4x 1.750 kVA Jacking Transformers.
• 4x 2.250 kVA Jacking Transformers.
• 8x INGEDRIVE MV (3.100 kW) Frequency Converters for Main Propulsion, Retractable Thrusters and Bow Thrusters.
• 4x Asynchronous Motors INDAR (3.000 kW 0-1.000/1.200rpm) for Main Propulsion Thrusters.
• 2x Asynchronous Motors INDAR (2.600 kW 0-750rpm) for Retractable Thrusters.
• 2x Asynchronous Motors INDAR (2.600 kW 0-880rpm) for Bow Thrusters.
• 8x Braking Resistors for Thrusters.
• Electrical Engineering and Workshop Testing.
• Commissioning and Sea Trials.
Highlights of Ingeteam’s scope of work for Integrated Alarm & Monitoring Control System are:
• PLC´s Network.
• Human Machine Interface (HMI).
• INGESHIP IAS (Integrated Automation System).
• INGESHIP PMS (Power Management System).
• INGESHIP PCS (Propulsion Control Systems).
• INGESHIP RAS (Remote Access Service).
• I/O Remote Cabinets.
• Engineering and Workshop Testing.
• Commissioning and Sea Trials.
We would like to thank Jan De Nul Group for the deep trust in Ingeteam and we are delighted to partner with COSCO Group again this year. Ingeteam is proud to be part of these exciting projects and looking forward to future collaborations and to continuing our work in China.