Ingeteam offers its clients comprehensive, quality electrical supply solutions, including consultancy involving in-depth analysis of the best option, detailed engineering, specifications, and supply and commissioning of both fundamental elements and auxiliary ones.
- Covers modular solutions from ±100kVAr to ±40MVAr, and low- and medium-voltage connections, making it suitable for small plants for end users to large generation plants and transmission and distribution grids.
- INGEGRID™ solutions are available in permanent and transportable formats.
- They can optionally be incorporated into a SCADA system which allows the client to monitor and control their plant.
- The solution makes it possible to communicate with other equipment or SCADAs using different communication protocols such as IEC61850, 101, 104, PROCOME, etc.
The INGEGRID™ solution for voltage control and power factor regulation applications is composed of the following elements:
Power Conversion System (PCS), which includes:
- INGEGRID™ PCS Power Converter
Exclusively designed and manufactured by Ingeteam at its installations in Europe and the United States.
Together with the control equipment, this is the core of the PCS. It consists of Ingeteam's modular technology, assured by all of its experience in the field of power conversion.
- Control equipment
This is also Ingeteam technology and manufactured at its European factories, including everything you need for energy management, automation, protection, control and communication with local and remote interfaces:
- PLC for real-time control of the storage system.
- Energy Management System (EMS)
- Local Data Acquisition and Supervision System.
- Communication with the company's SCADA.
- UPS and auxiliary services cabinet
This provides services to the PCS and the storage system.
- Air-Conditioning system
- Ingeteam is not the manufacturer and only works with leading brands.
- This keeps the PCS temperature within its operating range.
- Static compensation elements
Ingeteam is not a capacitor bank/reactor manufacturer and only works with leading brands. Preferably with local companies (manufacturers or contractors/installers).
- Grid connection elements
Ingeteam is not the manufacturer and only works with leading brands. Preferably with local companies (manufacturers or contractors/installers).
- Medium-Voltage Switchgear
- Power Transformers
- PCS container
Ingeteam can install the PCS in an existing building, supply a prefabricated building, or supply it in a standard container to facilitate transport, portability and reduce the costs and execution times of civil engineering, assembly and commissioning.
- Containers: Our standard, modular solutions use containers with 20, 30 or 40’ thermal isolation, with CSC certification for maritime transport.
- Automatic fire extinguishing equipment.
INGEGRID™ STATCOM is Ingeteam's contribution to the quality and stability of the electrical grid supply, to grid code compliance, and to spreading its benefits to all of the system's elements:
INGEGRID™ STATCOM ensures that the grid connection point complies with the regulator's requirements and that the producer subsequently benefits from the reduction in penalties.
- Located at points in the grid where the energy quality is critical and its absence may jeopardise a system's integrity, INGEGRID™ STATCOM ensures that the grid voltage is kept within permissible ranges both in terms of magnitude and wave form, either by acting as an active harmonics filter or by reactive regulation.
- Likewise, its location at different grid points makes it possible to increase power transfer between them.
- Given that its basic functional feature is reactive injection and absorption, it can be used to regulate voltage, limiting the use of intake exchangers and capacitor banks and expanding their useful life.
- In distributed generation, the operator can demand that the energy injected complies with the grid code and the STATCOM is a tool to achieve this without having to oversize the plant’s generation capacity.
- When INGEGRID™ STATCOM is installed in transformer substations at distribution grid points which are not robust, it is an optimum solution for companies to:
- Regulate voltage near the consumption point:
- Limit the use of intake exchangers and capacitor banks and extend the useful life of existing ones.
- Dynamically compensate the power factor. Provide reactive, capacitive or inductive energy depending on the needs of the operation.
- Comply with standards in the event of voltage dips.
Large consumers or large industrial processes (mining, steelmaking, etc.) especially benefit from the availability of immediate reactive, perfectly dimensioned energy. INGEGRID™ STATCOM protects the grid from disturbances which cause these large loads and the client benefits from having a power factor that does not penalise their electricity bill and in some cases, a possible reduction in their contracted power.